The Internet is a powerful information and entertainment tool. We would expect our customers to use the Internet with respect, courtesy, and responsibility, giving due regard to the rights of other Internet users. As a major provider to the Internet community, our acceptable use policy is designed to produce a better environment for us all. Common sense is the best guide as to what is considered acceptable use. The following are unacceptable uses.
In any form, including but not limited to activities such as unauthorised distribution or copying of copyrighted software, harassment, fraud, trafficing in obscene material, drug dealing, and other illegal activities.
Including but not limited to activities such as using a nonexistent return e-mail address on a commercial solicitation, spamming (sending unsolicited advertising to numerous e-mail addresses or newsgroups and/or generating a significantly higher volume of outgoing email than a normal user), trolling (posting outrageous messages in newsgroups to generate numerous responses), mail-bombing (sending multiple messages without significant new content to the same user), subscribing someone else to a mailing list without that person's permission, cross-posting articles to an excessive number of newsgroups, or attempting without authorisation to enter into a secured computer system.
Including but not limited to posting of defamatory, scandalous, or private information about a person without their consent, intentionally inflicting emotional distress, or violating trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights.
Misuse Of System Resources
Including but not limited to employing cgi scripts which consume excessive CPU time, bandwidth or storage space. Note that chat/ICQ, web proxy and mailing list scripts are not allowed on our network under any circumstances. CGI based message forums which use flat file databases are often found to use excessive system resources, to avoid dissapointment please use a PHP/mySQL message forum.
We reserve the right to determine what constitutes acceptable use
Terms of Service
When using the Service provided by SkyLap, defined below, you agree to be bound by all of the following terms (the "Terms of Service") within this Agreement.
SkyLap reserves the right to alter, ammend or modify any provision of this Terms of Service Agreement at any time with or without prior notice to you.
This Agreement is effective from your acceptance thereof, which is indicated by the establishment of your account. If you are a current SkyLap client when this Agreement is activated, your continued use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement.
If a SkyLap Internet Solutions account is used to violate our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice.
Client understands that change to the TOS by the SkyLap Internet Solutions shall not be grounds for early contract termination or nonpayment.
The following constitute violations of this TOS:
-Illegal use: SkyLap Internet Solution's services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities.
-Threats: Use of the SkyLap Internet Solutions service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of SkyLap Internet Solutions service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM) Use of the SkyLap Internet Solutions service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending SkyLap Internet Solutions account.
- Third Party Accountability: SkyLap Internet Solutions subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account that violates guidelines created within the TOS. We reserve the right to delete or suspend any account that violates these terms.
- Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated. This includes warez, roms, mp3's, mpegs, or anything else that might violate one or more of these laws.
- Violation Of SkyLap Internet Solutions Virtual Accounts: It is absolutely forbidden to host pornographic content or IRC servers on Server Accounts. Virtual Server Accounts found hosting this material will be subject to immediate cancellation without refund.
- Adult images or content is not allowed at all on SkyLap Internet Solutions servers. We reserve the right to delete, suspend, or terminate any account which these materials are found on.
-Adult content is considered to be pornographic material or any other offensive content.
-SkyLap Internet Solutions has the right to determine if a link off its server is acceptable.
-If a single file is larger then 500 megabytes in size we ask that you contact us before uploading it, due to the large percentage of illegal material that occurs over this size limit.
-Mirror sites or other types of sites that are know to require excessive amounts of bandwidth should be approved of before uploading to our servers.
-Gameservers are strictly not allowed to be ran off all virtual and reseller accounts. Due to the high level of stress this puts on the system you will need to purchase a semi-dedicated or dedicated server for this.
-Mirror sites and or mirrored files are not allowed on the server.
- SkyLap Internet Solutions accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination or suspension of your account.
- You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, bandwidth, disk space, and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performances of SkyLap Internet Solutions systems or networks. SkyLap Internet Solutions reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities.
-Sites that are specifically designed too offer free hosting or sites that for other reasons offer free hosting for users that are not affiliated with the company leasing space from SkyLap Internet Solutions is prohibited unless a prior agreement is made with SkyLap Internet Solutions. This agreement must contain a contract that will be used between SkyLap Internet Solution's Client, and the Client's, Client. This contract will ensure that they have proper identification to prevent fraudulent use. If a client of SkyLap Internet Solutions chooses to give an affiliate free hosting, this cannot be resold in any way, shape, or form.
-Customers are forbidden to resell the reseller accounts without a prior agreement from SkyLap Internet Solutions. Customers must purchase a dedicated server to do this. Customers can only resell single domain accounts. Resellers are allowed to sell multiple single domain accounts to any single customer. All non-reseller accounts are forbidden to resell any resource from SkyLap Internet Solutions in any way.
Our Company Policies
-SkyLap Internet Solutions is not responsible for errors of any type.
-Client agrees that the SkyLap Internet Solutions may disclose any and all client information including assigned IP numbers, account history, account use, etc. to any law enforcement agent consent or notification to the client.
-What we consider "basic tech support" is at our soul discretion and can be changed without notice. Please contact us for further details of what is currently considered basic tech support.
-We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- It is at SkyLap Internet Solutions sole discretion whether or not to refund a payment during the 14 day satisfaction guarantee if the terms of service agreement is broken or abused.
- SkyLap Internet Solutions reserves the right to search through any and all files on its servers. If any files are found to break the Terms of Service Agreement we reserve the right to remove, suspend, or do anything else with these files that is found to be within our discretion. SkyLap Internet Solutions has the right to report any illegal data to the proper authorities. SkyLap Internet Solutions will be found in no way responsible for any files found on its server, which was uploaded by a customer.
- Refunds of payments received during the 14 day satisfaction guarantee will not be given anytime after the 14 days. All requests must be received during the 14 day period. Any request received after will not be honored.
-All dedicated server payments are nonrefundable.
-Dedicated servers must give 30 days notice before their account will be terminated.
- SkyLap Internet Solutions bills clients in 30day or 1 year periods. If during this period a customer cancels their account they will not receive any refund. Customers cannot put there accounts on "hold" or "delay". Customers strictly prepay for the time they use.
- If an account is removed due to a violation we reserve the right not to refund payments.
-Reseller's accounts are offered on shared bases. We reserve the right to ask you to upgrade to a dedicated server and/or take any actions that are felt to be appropriate if your account if you severally impacting the use of other sellers accounts.
-All payments are due on the first of the month. If payment is not received reserve the right suspend your account and can delete all remaining data after 7days.
-Customers are forbidden to share reseller's accounts. These accounts can only be owned by a single person.
-Upon accepting this TOS agreement you also accept any agreement, contract, or TOS on our website.
- SkyLap Internet Solutions reserves the right to void any contracts if fake information is used in ordering.
- Sites sold by SkyLap Internet Solutions cannot be resold on ebay under any name other than 'skylapcom'.
- SkyLap Internet Solutions reserves the right to cancel any accounts with reason or not.
- SkyLap Internet Solutions reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this TOS, our TOS (Terms of Service) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner.